Bespoketaps fittings are made from premium solid brass and all our finishes should be treated with care to maintain the beauty of the product.
Please follow these instructions to look after your products and preserve the warranty.
- We recommend that your products are immediately washed of any residue left by liquid soap, shampoo, shower gel or toothpaste after use.
- Be sure you dry the brass completely once you are finished cleaning, to prevent water spots and further damage.
- Do not use harsh cleaning agents containing caustics, abrasive, citrus acidic, bleach, vinegar, or alcohol ingredients.
- Do not use abrasive cloths, scouring pads etc. or the surface will become damaged.
- Do not locate the tapware and fittings in environments exposed to elements such salt spray and chlorine that can cause damage to decorative finishes.
- We recommend regular cleaning of aerators and shower heads a couple of times per year, to prevent the formation of limestone.
- Please ask your plumber to take care when handling the products.
Our unlacquered finishes (Unlacquered Brass and Unlacquered Satin Brass) come with no protective coating. This allows them to age naturally and gain a characterful patina over time.
In addition to the above recommendations, for a shiny new look we suggest using a good quality brass polish (Brasso or less abrasive Silvo) with a non-abrasive clean cloth. For a more authentic ‘aged’ look, we suggest a gentle polish less frequently, only applying pressure to raised surfaces, giving crevices a chance to darken over time for a well-worn appearance. To slow down the oxidizing or aging of the finish, we recommend waxing unlacquered finishes few times a year by using a micro-crystalline wax (Renaissance Wax is recommended) with a soft clean cloth to remove surface spots.
Electroplated and Powder coated finishes
Our Electroplated (Brushed Nickel, Copper, Unlacquered Copper and all Bronze finishes) and Powder (Matt Black) coated finishes are regularly cleaned with warm water and then immediately polished with a dry microfiber cloth to prevent water spots on these finishes. In addition to our general recommendations, a mild liquid soap and warm water can be used however please check the ingredients to ensure there are no harsh chemicals in the soap as these will cause damage.Whilst we endeavor to create products of the highest quality, the hand finished nature of the products means there may be small minor distinctions that will make your purchase special and truly one of a kind.
Our washbasins are totally waterproof, thanks to the particular techniques through which the internal and external surfaces have been treated. In order to maintain their beauty unchanged in the time, during the cleaning operations it is highly recommended not to use de-calcifying products, acids, corrosive or abrasive detergents. It is enough to apply a neutral soap with a sponge.