Francone Ltd guarantees that, from the date of delivery, the Goods will be free from material defects. We will repair or replace, free of charge, during the applicable period as indicated in Table A below, any part proves defective under normal installation and use.
Valves and Cartridges
5 year guarantee
2 year guarantee
1 year guarantee for our lacquer finishes / Unlacquered finishes are not eligible for warranty or return
It is the installer/consumers responsibility to ensure:
- Product is not damaged prior to installation
- They are happy with their purchase
- The product has all of its components
- Required maintenance is performed
Our guarantee does not apply to any defects in the Goods caused:
- If the product was not properly installed, cared for, maintained or repaired, in accordance with valid water regulations and best plumbing practice.
- If the product does not have isolation valves, or the product is not wholly accessible.
- If the product is defective out of the box – in this instance the product must be returned to place of purchase.
- If the product is not installed/removed.
- If the defect is attributable to incorrect operation or incorrect handling of the product.
- If the defect occurs due to missing or incorrect maintenance.
- If spare parts other than original spare parts are used during repairs or maintenance of the product.
- If the defect was caused by transport or installation of the product.
- If the surface has been scratched.
- If the product is a display / ex display product, or second hand.
- If consumables (such as filters, filter cartridges, aerators or batteries) or material subject to wear and tear (such as seals) are affected.
- If the defect was caused by a breakage of fragile parts.
- If the defect occurs due to aggressive environmental influences (such as chemicals, cleaning agents), lime scale or disruptions due to ice and/or lime.
- If the defect is caused by specific environmental circumstances (e.g. excess or negative pressure in the line, excess voltage or undervoltage on the line).
- If the defect is attributable to willful or negligent damage to the product by the end customer or a third party.
- If the product was purchased on auction sites, either consumer to consumer or second hand.
- If missing parts or product defects are not reported within 14 days of purchase
- For additional costs incurred i.e loss of earnings due to time taken off of work, cost of phone calls.
- For failure to pay any outstanding invoice for non-warranty calls.
Our guarantee exists in addition to your legal rights as a consumer. More information on your rights as a consumer can be obtained from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Proof of Purchase
For any Limited Guarantee claim, a valid Proof of Purchase is required. A valid Proof of Purchase is defined as one of the following:
- A dated invoice from Francone Ltd. The receipt must show the Product description and price; or
- A dated official e-mail from Francone Ltd confirming purchase and shipment of Product(s). The confirmation e-mail must show the Product description and price.
Limited Product Guarantee
Francone Ltd guarantees the Product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship (subject to the terms as set forth within our Terms and Conditions) when used normally in accordance with the instructions.
Remedies under this Limited Guarantee.
If an eligible claim on the Limited Guarantee is received by Francone Ltd within the applicable Guarantee Period, we will (at our sole discretion) either: (a) repair the Product or the defective parts at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts; (b) exchange the Product with a Product that is new or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original Product. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Francone Ltd reserves the sole right to determine whether a claim is eligible and/or whether the Product is defective. If any guarantee claim is assessed as being fraudulent or does not meet the eligibility criteria, Francone Ltd reserves the right to charge customer a fixed service fee of £100 + VAT.
Repaired or exchanged Products shall be warranted free from defects for a period of ninety (90) days after date of repair or exchange (as the case may be), or for the remainder of the original Guarantee Period, whichever is longer.
Entire Limited Guarantee.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE APPLICABLE GUARANTEE PERIOD. ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED GUARANTEE OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied Guarantee lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This Limited Guarantee gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary by jurisdiction. Francone Ltd reserves the right to amend the terms of this Limited Guarantee at any time without notice.
Limitation of Liability.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL FRANCONE LTD BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (OTHER THAN PERSONAL INJURY DAMAGES), HOWEVER CAUSED REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE A PRODUCT, EVEN IF FRANCONE LTD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL FRANCONE LTD’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCT. The foregoing limitations will apply even if any Guarantee or remedy provided under this Agreement fails of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.